Raise your hand if you’ve ever stressed out about family photos 🙋🏼♀️
You booked a photographer, Pinterest-ed for hours to find the perfect poses and outfits, and dreamed about how perfect and cooperative your family would be in front of the camera. The day that photos come, everything seems to go wrong. Your kiddo didn’t nap, your hair won’t cooperate, your armpits sweat like you’ve just run a marathon, and your husband is spends hours taking a poop while you’re trying to get everyone else ready and picture-perfect.
By the time you make it to your photos, you’ve threatened at least one family member and questioned why the heck you even decided to do this to yourself (again).
But here’s a secret – Family photos don’t have to be stressful. You can get great pictures of your family genuinely having fun together, without the tears, bribes, and threats. Your family is your most important investment. Capture not only great photos – but great memories.
How it works
My sessions are super laid back. The name of the game is FUN – so we will never force anything (especially with kiddos) in order to “get the shot”. Most of my sessions take place in or around your home so everyone feels comfortable and un-rushed, however I do have some favorite outdoor spots for sessions if you prefer to be away from your home. Your session will focus less on “perfect poses” and instead incorporate activities and prompts to encourage lots of natural smiles, giggles and genuine connection. In other words, you get beautiful photos without the stress.
Easy online booking
Booking is all done online and is super easy. Pick your session date/time, sign your contract outlining all the details, and pay your session fee of $125. Easy Peasy!
Fun, stress free session
Once your session is booked, I’ll send you some tips to prepare for a stress-free and fun session. I’ll walk you through every step so you feel super prepared for picture day. Then, we’ll just have fun and capture the magic!
choose your collection
Enjoy a slideshow set to music to preview the images in your gallery. Then choose one of three collections – each of which include both digital files and a generous print credit. Collections start at $450
Step 1 – Scheduling your photos
Booking is done 100% online and is super quick and easy. To reserve your session date, you will choose a date and time on my calendar that works for you, pay a session fee of $125, and sign a contract outlining all of the details, terms and conditions of your session. If you are having a difficult time finding an available date that works for you, please feel free to reach out. I always try to be as flexible as possible and I am happy to work with you to find a date for your session.
As you are looking through your calendar to find a date, here are a few things to consider:
– My availability on the weekends is extremely limited. Many clients who work regular business hours find that by scheduling in the early morning or late in the afternoon, they’re able to work a session in without losing much (if any) work time.
– Spring and fall tend to be the busiest time of year for outdoor family sessions. If you would like a session during one of those times, especially on a weekend, please get in touch as soon as possible.
– If you have a particular holiday or date by which you need prints or gifts (ie: a special birthday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, etc.), you will want to schedule your session at least one month prior to when you need your gift to make sure there is plenty of time for processing and printing of your photos.
– My favorite time of day that gives us great light for photos is late afternoon/early evening – usually about 1.5 hours before sunset.
– Beautiful photos can be made in any kind of weather, but I get that not everyone is excited to be photographed in pouring rain or freezing cold. I can and do reschedule sessions for inclement weather, but I am also happy to use your home or an alternative indoor location if sticking to the schedule is a priority.
Step 2 – Picture Day
Once your session is official, I will send you a guide that will walk you through everything – from choosing outfits to strategies for getting kids to cooperate. This guide has been created and refined over years of experience, so it typically answers 90% of the questions that come up for families. However, if something does come up that isn’t covered, please feel free to reach out!
A few days before your session, I will reach out to confirm our time and location. At that point, if the forecast is questionable or someone isn’t feeling well, we can talk about options for rescheduling. Otherwise, that’s the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions or let me know if you’ve come up with a fun idea we haven’t discussed.
Then, we get together and make some awesome memories!
Step 3 – The fun part!
Within a couple weeks of your session you will receive an email from me letting you know that your photos are ready! Then, you will decide on a 24 hour period when you want to view your slideshow. I recommend choosing a time when everyone can relax and watch it together – make it special!
After you’ve had a chance to view your slideshow (and maybe wipe away the tears), you will then select the collection you want to purchase. After you’ve purchased your collection, you will have a full month to decide which specific digital files and print items you want to use to fill that collection – zero pressure!
If you’re like me and like to see and feel things like album covers in person, I have samples that you’re more than welcome to check out. Just let me know and we can set up a time to ooh and ahh at them together 🙂
When your gallery is ready, you will choose one of three collections to purchase your images. Each collection includes both digital images and a generous print credit, plus 30 full days to choose which images and products you want to fulfill that credit.
- Your choice of 8 high resolution digital files with print release
- $60.00 gift credit toward your choice of anything in the print store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
- Your choice of 15 high resolution digital files with print release + all web-sized files
- $175.00 gift credit toward your choice of anything in the print store.
- All high resolution digital files with print release + all web-sized files
- $350.00 gift credit toward your choice of anything in the print store: prints, frames, albums, digital files, etc.
I was concerned about the package cost at first, but photos like these… with the genuine emotions and love and comfort behind them… cannot be duplicated. You have such a special gift in the way you work with people and interact with them. I don’t know if you believe in purpose, but I really believe yours is to spread unconditional love through your photography.
What you do with your images is perhaps the most important aspect to consider when you’re planning for a photo session – but it’s all too often the part that’s overlooked.
You’ve invested time and money. You deserve better than photos gathering dust on a hard drive somewhere (or worse yet – lost in the digital ether). You will never get the same feeling looking at your photos on a screen as you will seeing them on your wall or flipping through them in an album, so I include a substantial print credit with every collection. Below is a sample from the print store
Professional Lab Prints
These are not your typical drugstore prints. You will fall in love with these luxurious prints that are true to color and the highest quality to stand the test of time. Gift prints are perfect for sharing with friends and family. Put into your favorite frame, or add a hard-back mount and display anywhere without a frame.
Starting at $6.o0
Gifts and greeting cards
Let your creativity run wild! These gifts are perfect for announcing your baby’s birth, or sharing with friends and family for the holidays. Using my design templates, you get to customize the perfect card or gift to share your joy with those closest to you.
Starting at $60
Decorate your home with the ones you love the most, and enjoy seeing your photos on your wall everyday. From framed prints and collages, to modern metal prints – you will love seeing your photos front and center in your space.
Starting at $49
Books and albums
Enjoy flipping through all of your images in a book or album to keep on the coffee table or shelf. Make it a tradition to look through these at the holidays or on birthdays to see how everyone has changed and grown!
Starting at $260
“She captured emotion in every moment perfectly”
-Hannah, Lincoln NE